* Training Schedule - tbd
- Team practice time is limited, and generally will be focused on team tactics and play ... please work on your individual conditioning (see below) and foot skills as much as you can, in your own time.
* Required Reading or Viewing Material ...
FC Barcelona Tiki-Taka
Watch for the foot work at about the 9-10 sec mark in this pre-game video ... Brazil pre-game
* Training info ...
|Drill 1: Pass and Move Drill
|Description: There are three lines of players behind three cones, arranged in a triangle. The player in the front of each line passes the ball over to the next. As he completes his pass, he moves over to the back of the line that is opposite to the direction of his pass.
Explanation: This drill incorporates many fundamental aspects of passing. First of all, all passes are made in a triangle, which is the basis of all ball movement. Secondly, the players are forced to move right after releasing the ball. This enforces the dynamic concept "pass and move."
|Task: keep the ball moving from cone to cone; after a pass from Line 1 to Line 2, the player passing must go to back of the opposite Line 3 and so on
Purpose: technique, rhythm
** KNOW this drill .... we will do it at most practices. Solid line indicates dribbling ... dashed/dotted line indicates sprinting (w/o the ball).
** Bring cleats, shinguards, water, soccer ball ... During cold and/or wet weather bring warmups, coat, hat, etc to put on after practice **
* Tryouts - 2012/13 Try-outs will be held Tues (5/22) & Thur (5/24) from 7:30-9:00pm at CRRP (Field #4). Please e-mail Coach Dave Rawlinson if you have any questions. Usual equipment rules apply for try-outs ... soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer ball, no jewelry, etc.
* General Exercises/Drills for the off-season and between team practices
- Leg Lifts (... 6" for 10 secs, each rep)
- Jogging / Running Hills
- Dribbling (... sustained high intensity, direction changes, etc)
- ... and the ultimate cross-training ...
- Reid - 24:11.40
- Jack - 26:23.00
- Coach Rawlinson - 33:09.10